The Jolicoeur Family is one of my FAVORITES! Sadie was my very first photography subject and is now a whopping 4 years old (going on 16). We traveled to their home in Kansas City for a family portrait session that also included pictures of 4 week old Henry, who is just as handsome as can be. It was, as always, an absolute blast! Fun facts from our time together include:
- When we arrived, Miss Sadie was just waking up from a nap and wanted to tell me all about the dress she was getting to wear. It is reserved for photographs and parties, so she has to be very careful with it. Good rule!
- Henry was OH SO handsome in his vest/bow tie onesie. I still can’t get over it, he is the absolute sweetest baby and was wide eyed and full of expression in front of the camera. Photographers dream!
- During our Sadie/Henry portraits, she was very quiet but then all of a sudden looked at me and stated sweetly: “I just LOVE being a big sister!” Boy, is Henry in good capable (yet ornery) hands. As Jill stated, Sadie is on the fast path to Executive Leadership. I couldn’t be more proud. 🙂
- Sadie was over the moon about attending Jiggle Jam the next morning at Crown Center. She told us all about it, and made a point to let us know not all of her friends would be in attendance because some of them had “made bad choices this week.” Erik told Sadie that I make lots of bad choices and she looked at me horrified until we reassured her he was joking. I made him tell her I only ever make GOOD choices, and that he had made a BAD choice with his joke.
- When 8:00pm rolled around we were informed that Sadie couldn’t be held responsible for her actions because it was the witching hour. While sitting outdoors, Sadie told us a lively story about her trips to Neverland. We learned Emma, her dog, can’t go to Neverland because she is allergic. When asked how Sadie knew that, we were told it was because when Emma goes there she starts to sweat and itch. Good to know, good to know. 🙂
- And last but certainly not least, we had the MOST delicious meal. Jill and Dave are amazing chefs and I’ve been dreaming about the Tacos Pastor ever since! I’ve also passed along the recipe to Dave’s delicious summer cocktail he was kind enough to share. Blueberry Vodka, lemonade and fresh mint. DELISH!
Enough talk, time to let the pictures speak for themselves! xoxo