I’m a firm believer that people come in and out of your life for a reason. I thought the world of Raven when she worked at Baker, my alma mater. When I saw she opened Lucky Paws Bakery in Downtown Lawrence (around the corner from Liberty Hall), I knew I had to check it out! Her shop is ADORABLE, check it out ASAP…our pups Madie and Truman think the dog treats are amazing. They know exactly when we open a package and turn on their BEST behavior! Raven and I met up shortly after my first shop visit to talk “shop” over wine. 🙂 We’ve talked almost daily ever since and our collaborative efforts has resulted in everything from long hikes on the levee to the Dogtober shoot we did for Crossroads Dog Rescue). Its funny how life puts the right people in front of you when at just the right time. 🙂
Raven has the SWEETEST pack of dogs in the world! I’m a sucker for her shop dogs, Shakti (blue pitty girl) and Hotei (adorable French bulldog baby). I’d been dying to meet Raven’s other dog Anu. Anu was adopted (and bottle fed as an infant) by Crossroads Dog Rescue – a place dear to my heart. Anu and her siblings were rescued by Crossroads because their Mom had been put down by KCPD for aggressively protecting her puppies. Anu is gorgeous (and HILARIOUS)! I was so happy to finally meet her (and see her hilarious facial expressions) – good grief what a great family she lucked into!
Fun facts from our shoot:
- Shakti is a model. When I first saw pictures of her on Raven’s facebook I had assumed she was 100+ pounds. NOT the case. She is smaller in size than our 50lb Madie – the difference is she is just MUSCLE. Sweet, STRONG, laid back girl that is motivated by love (and a cookie)!
- Speaking of COOKIES! Shakti will sit, stay and do just about ANYTHING you ask of her if you use the word COOKIE! I don’t blame her, her mom makes the BEST!
- Shakti smiles melt my heart. Good grief!
- Anu. Sweet Anu. That girl has some of the funniest expressions I’ve ever seen! She needs to be on the go at all times. I am a sucker for the wrinkles in her forehead!
- Raven’s daughter, Maddie, helped out with the pups during the shoot. Shakti obviously LOVES her…and she did such a great job helping out. I told her I wasn’t kidding about hiring her for future shoots!
- We had a fabulous time – Check out the pictures and make sure to visit Lucky Paws Bakery and Barktique for treats and holiday gifts SOON! Tell Raven, Shakti, Anu and Hotei I sent you!